Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dangerous to Live, Dangerous to Love

Can you provide me with an insurance policy for my heart? You want me to love you carefree but what’s in it for me? Loving without limits doesn’t come with safety precautions. Where is the policy that will insure my broken heart when you can no longer keep your end of the bargain and this thing we are doing dies? What’s going to ensure me that no longer being with you is what’s best for me and what’s going to consol me until the pain gets easier to bare? Your word? Will I get a loaner man that can stand in and provide me with what I need in your absence? Will my total trust be the high priced deductible that I won’t have the courage to pay when you tell me you made a mistake and had an accident? I’ve never been sure about the fine print so I think I will take my chances at reckless dating and try to avoid falling in love.