Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Beginnings

It’s said that the number eight represents new beginnings. Given that, it is the eighth month of the year 2008 and I am faced with a starting over. Ironically I didn’t realize the whole numerical coincidence until I started typing. Being a woman of change with the motto of “what’s next” I must admit that this time is quite different. Three years older from my last beginning, I carry a little more wisdom and move with a little more caution which was never a word I liked to use before. This time I am equipped with strength to endure the forthcoming storms. The past years that made me also beat me up a little as well. The F-word meaning the opposite of faith often creeps in my thoughts when I am about to set out for a new challenge. I believe this time I will let God guide me and trust that my circumstance is only an arrow leading me to the next step and nothing more. Right now I have the map but still not a clear path. In order to make the journey with a little more ease, I will have to really think about what I am going to carry with me. Being older and wiser also means carrying a lot of baggage whether good or bad. I must determine what’s worth holding on to like great memories, experience and even the hard lessons that I learned in the past. Along with the good, I must determine the bad like disappointments, sorrow and heartache. I can only move forward and only look back to bring others with me but not to dwell on the past. I look forward to completing my 2008 and the new beginning that it will bring.