Thursday, August 21, 2008

Operation: Get A New Social Life

What happened to a good old fashion "line up" and for those who don't know, a line up is a series of events or venues that you attend to enjoy a social setting. The whole point is to keep the evening moving by having several places to go in one night with the hopes of them all being a great turn-out and the next being even better than the one before. You may know them as bar or club hoping, parking lot pimp'n, showing your face and my all time favorite and which I use most often (which is mostly true) would be networking. My friends and I would list them as operations such as: Operation Martini Bar or Operation Get In The Party Free. I know I have been out on a long Haidas but seriously, has everyone disappeared? Has the party chariot came and went off to glory without me? I just can't except the fact that people that enjoy similar music and similar crowds are all hiding out until someone sends them an email to "the hottest event" that they will ever attend. Why can't we make the nights buy gathering people and visiting different places and enjoying the atmosphere without it being called a party and without there being a cover. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what the Promoter's do and being one in the past myself, its isn't easy to ensure a nice event with a great turn out and to actually see your sweat and tears turn into a profit; however we (as in Fabulous Young Professionals) shouldn't wait for that email, to get a new outfit, spend money at the door and bar only to see the same people and hear the same music. We should make every night "the hottest night" even if it means having an impromptu line up that consist of going one place for dinner, another for drinks, another for music and another for conversation. I don't want to follow the same crowd to the same places that are getting too familiar and quite frankly too whack! That's just my complaint but I guess it won't matter until I do something about it...but if I put too much thought into it then I'm charging too! No free before...