Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sister F

As you sit in your favorite chair, toss one of your many hats to the side and place your reading glasses on your nose ready to read this…I hope you don’t feel as old as you look. Your visits were always a highlight in my life. What would you bring me, where would we go and what fun story would you have to tell. I awaited your visits as if you were on the same level as the Tooth Fairy or Santa Clause. I knew that everyone would be excited and for that time, all get along. Even at my early age, you were always so fascinating to me. I would pretend to be you and often dream of going the places you’ve traveled and meeting interesting people as you did. There was never a dull moment with you. You always made me smile took me to see things that I hadn’t before, showed me off to your friends and let me do things that mom would never let me. Your life excited me and I couldn’t wait to grow and try it all for myself. Despite your changes and the reality that you are in fact human, I’ve always thought that you were an extraordinary woman. From your beauty inside and out, you have been somewhat of an idol for what I wanted to become. As I learn my own way in life, I still carry with me the inspiration that you have shared through your life. We may not always agree and now that I am older have my own way of seeing things but I want you to know that you have always been the sister that I most wanted to be like. Funny, Fascinating, Fabulous!